Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Visiting Johns Hopkins Children's Center




Visiting Maddie

Today I had the opportunity to visit a beautiful young girl named Maddie at Johns Hopkins, the Children's Miracle Network Hospital in the Baltimore/Washington district. Maddie suffered a terrible foot injury from a lawnmower accident and is now at the hospital recovering. Despite her condition, she is in good spirits and is confident she will be home soon with her family and friends.  Maddie has a courageous soul and has inspired me with her radiance. 

Perspective is what Maddie taught me today.  No matter how hard things get, remember what you have.  I have a loving, supporting family and the loyalist of friends.  I know that if I ever had to face a hardship like Maddie, I would be alright; just like Maddie.  Surrounded by pillow pals, balloons, and friendly faces, at only 9 years old Maddie does realize what she has. She has a family that loves her more than anything in this world that will never leave her side.

It's important to acknowledge the difference you can make in a child's recovery by just making a visit.  Raising funds is essential to providing the best care by equipping hospital's with the latest technology, but if you really want to heal the soul go for a visit.  The gesture alone can inspire miracles.



No comments:

Post a Comment