Thursday, April 5, 2012

Appearances February-April catch up!

Since I'm still new to blogging and have yet to figure out how to change the settings (which may or may not take me an eternity), I decided to condense the appearances I have done as Miss Appalachia into a few current posts. Hopefully one day I will learn how to use this properly, wish me luck :)



February 28th- IHOP CMN National Pancake Day



National CMN Pancake Day at IHOP was my first official appearance as Miss Appalachia for Children's Miracle Network. Before I even stepped inside a few tiny admirers asked for a picture with "the princess" which I was more than happy to oblige. If those twinkling eyes and geniune smiles were outside the door, I couldn't wait to get inside where all the chocolate chip pancakes were stacked. Greeted by the generous manager, my family and I sat down to enjoy some pancakes. When my delicious plate of double chocolate chip pancakes arrived I quickly became enamored with the whipped cream crown my waitress had put on top. So thoughtful! After finishing up, I went table to table discussing the benefits of donating to CMN. When you are surrounded by so many children full of life, hope, and dreams, it is hard to deny one that may need a little more support. The great thing about CMN is that they cover the whole spectrum of care for children's hospitals and their patients. From toys and blankets to state of the art medical equipment, CMN makes it possible for children in need to recieve the best care. Throughout the night I met many young and kind souls. I am elated to continue my work with CMN this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment