Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lord of the Dance- Performance at Dupont Theater











March 23-25th- Performance with "Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance"














After breaking my foot in October, I missed out on joining Troupe 2 on their European tour this past winter and consequently their most recent U.S. tour this spring. Needless to say, I was devastated. Having been a dancer my whole life, it has been my dream to tour professionally. Competitions are one thing, but nothing quite compares to the rush that envelopes your body as you step on a stage in front of thousands. One of my best memories since graduating college and touring was when I danced at the National Forest Arena in Brussels, Belgium. The Arena is comparable to that of Madison Square Garden. Now you can't tell me that doesn't get your adrenaline running! Besides the unprecedented friendships I made and the glamour of being a performer, I felt as if I was the best I could ever be. This is what God intended me to do. Dance.



"Sometimes on the way to a dream you get lost and find a better one"-unknown




I don't know if it was fate, but I have to believe everything happens for a reason. When I broke my foot it seemed as though everything I had ever worked for shattered in front of my eyes. I just had to sit down on my sofa, prop up my hard cast, and watch as my dream escaped me. I was at a complete loss.














I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful best friend, Allyn Rose. Ally and I have been friends since she pledged our sorority, Delta Gamma, in the spring of 2008. She has been more than an inspiration to me, but a true light of resilency in the face of harship. When Ally won her 2nd pageant ever, Miss Maryland USA and went on to be a finalist at Miss USA, I could not have been more beaming with pride for her. With Ally's encouragement, I signed up to compete for the title of Miss Appalachia. Miss Appalachia represented more than just a title to me. Miss Appalachia and the Miss America Organization motivated me to really be the best that I can be. I combined my love of dance, my passion for eating disorders awareness (through my own fight and win against anorexia), my hope to continue my education, and my dedication to service to represent myself as a mature young woman at the pageant.



Winning Miss Appalachia has opened up a whole new array of opportunites for not only me, but for me to change lives. I am lucky. I can promise that when I go to compete for Miss Maryland, I will put every ounce of energy I possibly can into being the best I can be. As with everything important in my life, I am willing to pursue my dream with determination, hard work, and a strong belief in my own ability.



"Sometimes on the way to a dream you get lost and find a better one" -unknown



On the weekend of March 23rd I joined up with Troupe 2 for a few performances that my family and friends were able to watch. I was beyond overjoyed to be reunited with some of my best friends and soaked up every last second I could spend with them. Feeling the music pulse through my veins and lacing up my shoes again gave me reinforcement I needed. No matter where I am or what I am pursuing, I can always dance.


Meeting Ally after the show by the stage door and seeing the tears in her eyes has made me treasure our friendship even more. She has and will continue to support me in all my dreams and I am thankful to have such a geniune, beautiful, and selfless best friend. I could never be on my way to Miss Maryland without her.










































No comments:

Post a Comment