Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A New Beginning




I have always admired those women that we call "beauty queens"; effortlessly floating across a stage in their evening gown, always so poised and eloquent when they speak. Never did I imagine that I could be one of those women. Behind all the glamour, the luscious curls, and long lashes is a woman who is dedicated to her community, education, health, talent, and success.








On February 4th 2012, I was crowned Miss Appalachia. I am thrilled to begin this journey and thank God every day for giving me a new beginning. I cannot wait to continue developing my platform, "Starving for Attention: More than Just an Eating Disorder" and educating individuals on the co-morbidity of a disease that affects over 8 million American's every year. I am also looking forward to beginning my work with Children's Miracle Network alongside the Miss America Organization. This upcoming year I hope to inspire and become a role model to those in pursuit of their potential. I cannot wait.








1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you compete in the Miss Maryland pageant! Good luck Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete