Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"A Night for Royalty" Princess Party and CMN Spirit Night!

After meeting Wes, the incredibly talented, devoted, and faithful marketing manager at the Nottingham Chick-fil-A during my tour of the Baltimore Health Expo, I decided to organize a fun event to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.  On May 29th, Chick-fil-A hosted "A Night for Royalty" Princess party and CMN spirit night in collaboration with me to give back to the children and families touched by CMN hospitals.

Each princess that joined us at the party received their own special tiara! We raffled off great prizes that were generously donated by Chick-fil-A, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Hersheys, Girlee Gurlz Salon, and Yia Yia's bakery.  20% of the total proceeds from those who came and ate dinner in honor of spirit night were donated directly to Children's Miracle Network.  I have to say thank you to Wes, Paula, Steve, and the Nottingham Square Chick-fil-A team for helping me put together such a successful event.  Without their dedication to service and community, the night would not have nearly so special.  Their kindness, hospitality, and work ethic are truly inspirational.

Along with Chick-fil-A, I had some wonderful princesses of my own there to help.  Three of "my girls" that I have taught dancing to since they were 7 and 8 years old came out and supported the fundraiser with charismatic charm!  I am proud of the women they have become, now 16 to 18 years old and I will forever cherish their friendships.  I would also like to thank the wonderful titleholders that attended.  My beautiful Miss Appalachia Outstanding Teen, Arcadia was a great spokeswoman for what CMN means to her.  She also entertained and talked to many of the princesses who were excited to have her company :)  Thank you as well to Miss University City's Outstanding Teen, Kennedy, Miss Charm of the Chesapeake, Vanessa, and Miss Greater Baltimore, Brittanay. Finally, my heart goes out to my always loyal best friend Ally and my loving family, thank you for all that you did to make the night a success!



My favorite part of the night was absolutely spending time with my Miss Maryland Princess Sydney.  Sydney herself is a Children's Miracle Network baby.  Born at Johns Hopkins weighing only 1lb,15oz, CMN took care of her and her family during her extended stay at the hospital.  CMN helped to not only cover Sydney's treatment, but also allowed her family to stay by her side by providing hotel rooms, cell phones, and laptops. At 6 years old today, she is happy and healthier than ever thanks to Children's Miracle Network.  While she was there Sydney impressed me with her knowledge of designer handbags- we've got a future fashionista on our hands.  She told me all about the Micheal Korrs shoes she is bringing to Miss Maryland and the dress she has ordered.  Sydney warmed my heart the most when she came up to me before she left, hugged me and said, "This is the best night ever! Why can't I stop hugging you?!"  As I embraced her I realized just how special our time would be at Miss Maryland and what a special princess she is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment