Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Miss Maryland Orientation

This Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to meet all of the Miss Maryland contestants at orientation in Hagerstown, Maryland.  It was great to finally have a chat with everyone and I am looking forward to spending more time with my pageant sisters during Miss Maryland week!  Funny enough, as soon as I arrived I realized that my sister queen Hannah, Miss University City, had picked out the same dress as I had! Sister queens and style twins! I would like to thank the board of directors for making the Miss Maryland Organization the exemplary program that it has become.  Without their hard work and dedication, the women in this organization would not be as outstanding.  Every woman in the program has a heart, mind, and devotion to scholarship, service, and personal development. 

After having our 2012 picture taken, we reconvened and headed over to lunch at Roy Rogers.  Roy Rogers has been a long time sponsor of the Miss Maryland pageant and I know I was thankful for my complimentary curly fries...they never disappoint!  Outside a enthusiastic Roy roped in more customers and I know I was appreciative of the friendly staff.  Every member of the Roy Rogers team was excited to have the Miss Maryland girls and we were happy to be there.  Thank you again Roy Rogers!

Back at our host hotel, the Ramada Plaza, each of the contestants were placed in their preliminary line up.  Being drawn a little late in the game, I start off the whole competition with interview in the Mu group!  I am thrilled just to be a part of Miss Maryland and cannot wait for the preliminaries to start.  With a little over a month of preparation left, I am working hard to ensure that I will feel positive about performance throughout the week :)

Best of luck to all of the Miss Maryland and Miss Maryland Outstanding Teen contestants.  Each and everyone of these young ladies has something special and unique to offer the Miss America Organization. Thank you again to the Miss Maryland Board of Directors for your selfless dedication to the program and Roy Rogers for the delicious lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment